Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dancing with Men in Kilts

Alright, so first off I am going to have to abstain from my usual rant about the horrible weather, since spring has finally arrived in Londontown! It is gorgeous. Although, I am told it is equally as gorgeous, if not more so, back home... I am less than thrilled about such news

Anyway, much to discuss, so little time. Seeing as I currently have a million things to do- yes I actually have homework while studying abroad- this blog will be the abridge version of all of my adventures.


First let me discuss the three plays that I have seen since my last entry. All three were great. The first two were very weird, but extremely well done. The subject matters were a little intense, but great performances. The last was a play called Ghost Stories, which was meant to be a scary night at the theatre. Yes, I was skeptical as well. However, let me just tell you that it too was extremely well done and successfully scared the shit out of me! I was more scared at this play than any movie I've ever seen. In fact, I'm still a little freaked out.


Now on to the real interesting part... Ireland! Yes lads and lassies I visited the land of the gingers... although, disappointedly saw very few gingers. I went with one other girl and we had a great, relaxing time. Two nights in Dublin, where we not only met some Brits there for a bachelor party (the guy getting married was hitting on us with intensity, and ironically enough had the words TRUST and LOYALTY tattooed on his arms- classy) and we also danced with men in kilts! The Ireland and Scotland rugby match was that weekend and Dublin was packed! Luckily, I did not embarrass myself in yet another country- be proud. Saturday morning we flew to the little town of Cork and visited the Blarney Castle and I kissed the famous Blarney Stone! Apparently I will now have the gift of gab. It was a difficult task, considering my phobia of germs, but I overcame my fears and bent over backwards (literally) for the experience. As a reward, I am now sick. Fuck germs. I'm done. Make me a bubble. But, the weather was beautiful and I had a great time so I am going to stop complaining now.


Alright, so that is the brief overview of what I have been doing. Writing this blog is becoming harder and harder now that time is running out. I still have so much I want to see and do, while now having tons of papers and work to do, and wanting to spend some more quality time with my flatmates.

This weekend we are visiting Bath and I am doing homework. Should be 50% exciting.

No comments: