Sunday, April 18, 2010

Yes, a Volcano.

The weather in London is finally gorgeous! What could be wrong with the world? Well, a volcano could erupt in Iceland and a cloud of volcanic ash could hover above all European airspace. Yes, a volcano. As I write this all airports in the UK are closed, including Heathrow the world's busiest airport. Apparently this catastrophe could carry on for weeks, that is of course if the sister volcano doesn't erupt- in which case catastrophe would quickly escalate to armageddon. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that this ash doesn't make planes engines explode and me mum can arrive here safely on Friday- let's also hope fucking Eurostar (train through the chunnel) prices fall so we can actually get to Paris. Supply and demand. I know it makes the world go round, but it continually fucks me. Anyway, this volcano has me constantly researching... and avoiding my final papers. Much like I am doing writing this blog!


On to other things! It's finals week! I officially have four days left in my four years. This Thursday marks my last college class. AH! Really not ready for that. But, alas, it will come and I worked hard to get out in four years. Why did I do that? I have no clue. Stay in school. Don't do drugs.

My half birthday is on 4/20. I realized this yesterday. It has taken me 22 years to put this together. I'm a little ashamed of myself too, so don't worry, you are not alone.



Alright, on to a quick recap of my ponytreking weekend! Great girls weekend in the countryside of Wales. Gorgeous! The bed and breakfast was huge, beautiful, and served us breakfast and dinner. How could I not be happy? Also, the trip was a great bonding experiences and... hilarious. These are ponies we are riding, not horses. My pony was roughly the size of a donkey, and named Hector. Should I be insulted at the ethnic profiling being carried out at Parc-le-Breos?? Also, my horse (the first day- Favour, that little bitch) decided it would be fun to roll in the sand... while I was riding her down the beach. She just dropped to the ground with me on her! TWICE. The second time Flavour Fav, the little bitch that she is, caused mass chaos by almost crushing me, causing one of our leaders to freak out, sending other horses sprinting towards the hills, causing two of my friends to throw themselves off their horses. Looking back, it's quite funny. At the time, scary... and a little funny. Oh, and my roommate had fallen off only an hour earlier. Rough first day. Worst ride in Parc-le-Breos history in fact. We like to make a name for ourselves. On Wisconsin!


Ok, this blog has to be cut short. I should really be studying for my finals tomorrow. Granted I've had all day, but I chose to spend it getting sunburned in Hyde Park. I am content in my decision making.

*All photos are from my trip to Wales*

No comments: