Thursday, January 21, 2010

Week Two





Well, another week has past since I first arrived! Hard to believe it. The past week has consisted of a little bit of sunshine, a little bit of culture, and a little bit of drinking of course.

A few days ago there was sun! I went crazy and ran in the park- that's right I ran. Not for very long but I did manage to get myself lost in the park. It was a great place to get lost in. So many people came out of the woodwork, with their little dogs too! Oh how I love puppies! They are all so well behaved here, they must have better schools here. People also had their little children with them, playing by the pond, feeding geese and whatnot. Kids are cute, but they were for sure overshadowed by the puppies. Then again, I might be biased since I don't really like kids.


I went to another play Tuesday night called An Inspector Calls. It had some deep message about taking responsibility and helping others that led to a billion philosophical conversations after the show. We college kids love to talk philosophy don't we? Overall it was a great time, AMAZING set design and lighting, and the actors' performances were good, not great, but good. I'm such a drama geek.

I also went to another art museum, the Tate Britain. We went to see this exhibit on JMW Turner- apparently a collection of very rare pieces. You've seen one painting of a sailboat in a storm, you've seen them all. My professor said there was this underlying theme of class and discrimination behind the whole exhibit. Funny, it looked like a sailboat. I had much more fun taking pictures by the river. I love art, but that show did not impress me.



Last night, Wednesday, was "sports night" at the Union... I'm not sure why they call it this since I found no difference between last night and any other night, but there were tons of people and it was a fantastic time. That may or may not have had something to do with the bottle of wine I drank before we went out, but regardless it was fun. Waking up for class this morning was a little less fun, however. I'm going to miss being a college kid. You can't do that in the real world. In the real world you're an alcoholic and you have to go to meetings and cry and shit. Not looking forward to that, but alas... I am a Smith so let's be real.


This Saturday I am visit Windsor Castle outside of the city. It should be an absolutely fabulous trip, provided that the weather becomes less consistent and it doesn't rain. Oh the rain. fuck the rain. Whoa.. sorry seasonal affective disorder... well that or coke. Kidding. I haven't developed a drug problem, when it becomes a problem I'll let you know. Anyway... wow ADD is killing this blog... castle on Saturday, I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

finally...pics with u in them :)